Thursday 17 August 2017

Haldir with bow

Haldir owes a lot to Will, the excellent fellow in Cheltenham's Games Workshop.

At least I think his name is Will.

It could be Might or Fate.

He suggested using the Gloss version of Reikland Fleshshade, some time ago, as a wash for the chain armour and that seems to have worked out quite well.

For the plate armour, he suggested Waystone Green (technical).

I wonder if Waywatcher Green (Glaze) might have done the job?


I bought the book, 'How to Paint Citadel Miniatures' while I was there last.

I've not bothered before because I had pots of 'old' paint and didn't want to start replacing them to fit in with the book.

It suggested using Bugman's Glow for the base for flesh where I've used Mournfang Brown previously, sometimes mixed with a little flesh paint.

I'm not so sure about Bugman's Glow, particularly for Elves.

Perhaps it's my use of it.

No comments: