Wednesday 27 June 2018

Experimental Troll 4

It's that troll again (as the Tommy Handley Show was originally to be called)

Now he's equipped with the shield that went missing.

I have a little more work to do on him as I've found some spare enemy heads to add to those on his belt.

Meanwhile, the Hobbit Trolls are in the pink or in the 'Cadian Fleshtone' to give it its proper name.

Three thin layers as suggested in a tutorial that I'm using.

I was very tempted to use only two thin coats as I liked the resulting blotchy skin look with some of the muted red showing through.

However, all or nothing.

Delays are still caused by the work on the allotment taking precedence.

Gaffer Gamgee would be proud of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He reminds me strongly of Mum's next-door-neighbour, Mr Morgan, bringing in the coal in one of those copper scuttles, all planished and dented. His axe would have been used to break up the large lumps of train coal into nutty slack. Mr Morgan was a big, burly retired Welsh coal-miner. The resemblance is striking. Well, it's either that or be called a scab, Bach. As always the model is very pleasing. He even has that air of terminal irritation I associate with Trolls. I suppose he feels that everybody is trying to prevent him getting ahead.

The 'Hobbit Trolls' are now a pleasing colour and you have managed to give the main one the air of an East End docker who has had his pint of mild and bitter knocked flying. His oppo on the right exhibits a suitable indignation at this blatant breach of etiquette. I always thought that Tolkein based these trolls on his idea of cockney layabouts.
Do you think you should present one of them at the moment of the first rays of the sun turning him to stone ? You know, parts already transforming into a grey, stony colour and texture, while the rest of him retains the hue he has at the moment.

I've left other comments over the past few weeks but they have never appeared. John