Tuesday 21 April 2015

3 and a Firefly

I've zipped through the armour paint on two of these as I used the cheap and nasty GW spray gun.

Not knowing much about it's use, I think I thinned down the paint too much resulting in a puddling effect which required three thin brush coats to improve things.

This post is really to comment on the quality of the Shermans in the Open Fire box.

Frankly, they are very poor.

A great deal of fiddling is required to avoid the right hand track being decidedly knock-kneed and there are serious gaps everywhere.

The tanks in the new (ebay) box look much better.

Oh! And there are no decals in the box. How mean can you get!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Pops!

Unknown said...

Hi Pops!

Cotswold Bookstore said...

Hi Lewis. My first comment in ages. Glad somebody looks in, now and again.
I'm now working on the remaining 4 tanks to use up the diluted paint that I prepared for the spay gun. I'll add some more paint to improve the result.
Watch this space.
Pops