Saturday 7 May 2016

Mordor Orcs

Ah! Those were the days. These Mordor Orcs came in a box of 24 for the same price that you are now conned out of for only 12.

I've gone against established wisdom on 'themeing' this batch as it's generally accepted that colours should be in a narrower range than I have used.

I let the bases establish the uniformity of the army which gives me greater freedom when painting.

Result - some of these guys have a splash of oranges and green, even yellow.

This also makes it easier to give each one a different look on the battle field.

I've given them a nice range of skin colours too.

The previous bases were painted Codex Grey, then washed with Badab Black. Here I achieved a similar result with a black coat and a Fortress grey dry brush.

I used less of my 'slate beach' this time as several of the previous group complained of turned ankles. One even tripped and grazed his knee.

No comments: