Sunday 5 April 2020

Skaven Warp Lighning Cannon 2

Another couple of points that are probably obvious to most but not to me -

There is no need to paint the ends of the axles, as I've stupidly done, as they do not pass through the wheels.
The same does not apply to the small higher axles though don't paint the shaft, only the tip.

Painting the shaft makes fitting them tricky or impossible so you have to scrape it off again, I found!

This is all assuming that you paint the parts separately, which makes sense.

Watch that you get the main frames the correct way round so that the small platforms fit into their correct slots
Here you can see the small supports on the inside of the furthermost beam.

There are no such supports on the other side.

I cannot yet see any assembly reason for the excellent detail on the underside of the two platforms.

Perhaps there is none.

The sun is out, it's the best of spring and I should have a garden fork in my hand.

However, I'm hoping more seed spuds will arrive and I'm the only one here to accept them (apart from a comatose teenager, after all, it's only 11.30 am)

No comments: