Thursday 27 July 2017

The Fellowship, Boromir

Boromir with only Aragorn to come and he's nearly finished.

Then I have to decide what to do about the bases.

It's another fine model and I think I have another, in a drawer, somewhere.

I think most of my 'guide' came from a U-tube called CREATIVE, from MJ Shokunin though I tinkered around a bit, especially on the horn.

I've normally arranged/painted bases as a theme showing where these guys come from whereas this Fellowship might be as they start their journey.

I think Boromir does blow the horn when setting out (in the book, not the fillum)
You do notice errors, once they appear on the blog, and I see there is a splash of silver on his cloak.

Also, I'm not sure if his left ear is showing or if that is just a lock of hair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure its an ear or lock of hair ? Looks more like the KEY to a lock of hair to me. A Bramah perhaps ? I can't make out the splash of silver. I suspect that it's all a pigment of your imagination. Usual fine job. You seem to be getting the hang of this. John

Cotswold Bookstore said...

For someone who has only seen the films 47 times, you seem to be getting the hang of the dialogue.