Tuesday 12 April 2016

Troll Chieftain


If, to you, it seems that there is a sudden flurry of activity, you are mistaken. While working on the scenery for Sheree's present, I was also prepping both the Knights of Dol Amroth and this troll.The troll was considerably simpler, however, I still experimented a bit with it, taking up a little time. The knights took forever. This guy started with Rhinox Hide spray but I always had in mind a different skin colour to the other trolls. This is not to accuse The Dark Lord of racism of course. I merely wanted him to stand out from the crowd.
At first his skin was yellow washed with a left over pot of what might be green ink. The result, on the game board, would have been a requirement for another rule for as well as inspiring 'Terror', he would have produced a 'Bilious Attack'. I therefore dulled down both green and yellow by dry brushing much of the skin with Steel Legion Drab, still leaving a reptilian green on most of the skin.
The armour and sword are simply black, dry brushed with Boltgun with a bit of rust here and there.
I'm not at all sure about him. Nor am I all that happy about the base. Hey ho!

No comments: