Saturday 22 April 2017

Speech House 5

The camera hangs on in there and the small amount of progress is evident here.

Pavement laid and flagstones badly* laid on stage (courtesy of kitchen worktop edging)

*(Whoever would have thought that the builders of Osgiliath could have  got away with such a shoddy job?)

I've rushed ahead without though on the footpath around the edge and, after gluing down the wall paper, realised I was using the wrong sheet.

Cobbles are supposed to be for the streets!

I'll live with it rather than starting again after shifting all those cobbles.

I'm still unsure of how the floor should look.

I'll see how simple highlighting works when the cobbles are dry enough to do them

The little photo of the stage corner is to show up another mistake.

I should have painted the stage Fortress Grey before laying the flagstones and so I tried painting between them.

I'd coated the flags in glue after they'd been glued down which meant that the paint freed the glue and made a mess

I gave up that idea.

So much to learn, so little time!.

No comments: