Saturday 21 July 2018

Hobbit Militia

 Meanwhile I'm busy with these colourful chaps.

The pair on the left here arrive as identical characters.


I've removed the axe head and built up the 'cudgel with green-stuff.

I'd like to do something similar with the other pairs.
The finished right hand ones look as if the left hand could hold a pitch fork.

Though I've leaned the unfinished axe man and rotated his axe to give variety, I'd like to change it for a mattock.

If it goes wrong, a cudgel would do.

I've gone my own way in the painting. I prefer Tolkien's note of Hobbits' liking for bright colours rather than GW's duller ones. It also makes it more fun. However, perhaps because I failed to spray primer on them, I've had a small amount of metal showing through the paint sometimes. I may well decide to gloss varnish them.

No comments: