Sunday 29 July 2018

Hobbit Militia 4

 This conversion was original intended to replace the sledge hammer with a pick axe.

Up in the top right you can see one attempt at a greenstuff pick head which proved difficult to shape correctly and impossible to drill.

Then I had a cunning plan and turned one of them into a baker.

The bread shovel is from the base of a 40 K banner, shaped but little and glued to the end of the shaft which had lost its hammer head.

I regret not taking greater care in lining everything up.
I should have cut out the area where the shaft was to join, rather than going for a groove beneath it.


It would have lined up better and would alos hav been much easier.

Still learning folks.



Next would have been a pitch-fork for the swordsman's left hand for which I had another cunning plan.

Unfortunately, as is becoming a habit lately, I've lost the component retrieved from my 40K spares box.

I might need that flex after all!


(I wish I'd spotted that there are 4 Hobbit Sherrifs available. I might have bought them with the Militia and bowmen. Maybe 'Hobbits of the Shire' too and even Farmer Maggot and his hounds. Now I'm stuck with a ridiculous postage charge if I want them!))

No comments: