Sunday 11 November 2018

Fences 2

After Henry's effort, I first added to the fences by producing another 2 along the lines of his.


That is with balsa used for posts and rails.

The next two were made using balsa posts with split kebab sticks to imitate split log fencing.


Then, as I'd recently stripped out some telephone wires, I used cock tail sticks for posts and inexpertly wove strands of the wire through them.

It would have held together better if I'd used wire the same lengths but real fences don't do that.

Perhaps, if I do it again, I'll go for the neater look.

I used spray cans from my hardly started 'Flames of War models.

Firefly Green and German Armour.

Both seem suitable.

The 'soil' is a mix of 'Brown Earth' and 'Dark Earth'.

I've used this for bases, rather than painted sand, for some time and yesterday read the instructions!

Seems that the 'Brown Earth' can be used on metal as rust.

No comments: