Thursday 12 March 2020

Mound Tower 2

Well, it's done but I'm not a fan as there's lots wrong with it.

The tower itself looks two 'chunky', the walls too thick for its size.

I've given troops precious little room to stand on the 'steps'* as I tried to disguise them by sloping at each level with filler mix. (*Not the actual steps which are too small to be used)

It's supposed to be standing as the city melds into the countryside and, beyond it, we can have country walls and fences.
 I twigged another cunning plan when it was complete and painted the base area where the tower stood.

After some dry brushing, it can be used for anything else such as a statue, abandoned pool etc.

A round insert of cobbles and a few steps to a lookout point, perhaps.
And now, for something completely different.

It's ...
A Skaven Doomwheel.

I have two whole boxes of 'Island of Blood' yet to deal with, plus boxes of odd Skaven and a few items like the Doomwheel.


I promised the kids they could have them when they're finished.

I'd forgotten how fiddly these things can be.

No comments: