Monday 22 February 2021

Corsairs of Umbar - Arbalesters

I'm getting nowhere with these chaps for various reasons. The originals to the right, newbies to the left.


I wanted 'same but different' for them so chose to change the Exerus Purple for Nauseating Blue leaving everything else the same - Regal Blue for the other cloth colour and black leather armour, dark hair, dark boots etc.
Then the skin colour. I managed a dark slightly yellowish tone for the originals but, despite trying various base coats and washes, couldn't get it quite right.


The biggest problem however, was the separate crossbows.
I'm not a fan of superglue and GW have given us 3 faces,
when joining the bow parts, all of them very small.
One face could have been easier to align and easier to pin and join.

The final problem is the base colour. I guess I've run out of the brown originally used, whatever that was, and no amount of trying has given me the colour I want.
Perhaps Snakebite leather which supposedly translates as Balor Brown but doesn't.
I'll just have to wait till shops are open again and get in and choose.

No comments: