Tuesday 21 February 2017

Osgiliath Veterans 6

 Here they are practically completed though I saw the vet on the right had no paint on his base when I viewed the shot
A lick of paint later. The poor fellow on the left always has to get someone else to get his sandwiches out as the bag is impossible for him to reach. Little does he know that the other rotters nick half his lunch under the guise of helping him out.
 The rock on the base of the left hand one has a pit in front of it. I'll try to get a shot later. I drilled a hole in the base and put greenstuff beneath. Then Dark Earth was worked into it and round the edges. I put some glue in the hole. I'll see how much it looks like a puddle tomorrow.
 It's just visible in this shot. -

There are a few bits of armour, shield and helmet damage.

Here also is the pinhole chain mail. It puts me in mind of some kitchen implement.
as is his long hair. I might be tempted to try a ponytail next. I should also have given beards a try. The first shot shows a painted on one but a little greestuff might help.

The bandages were another experiment that didn't quite come off. The material is too thick and looks more like cloth wrapped round a wound. The leg wound in the second shot here is better than the arm wound in the previous post but it's still not great.

By the way, I don't know what happened to Vets 4.

No comments: