Thursday 23 February 2017

Cobbled bases

I tried various ways of making the cobbles run under the warriors legs rather than having mounds of gravel etc for them to stand on.

The best way to hide the join was also a fussy endevour with plenty to go wrong.

By using an inverted base I cut a line through the slot and then, cutting each end of the line, poked open the wallpaper.

One of the problems is that the paper can come free from the base. I guess is not the ideal glue to use or perhaps I should rough up the base first.

Though I've removed the ends of the 'slot fixing' the middle is still proud and needs to be cut down or filed so that the wallpaper lays flat
 I think I've found a use for the shavings. More later.
 Shaved down to the level of the base.
The other way is also a fiddle. Half of the paper goes on complete while the other half has to jigsaw around the feet. Not such a good result and only slightly easier.

I suppose I could buy some very small cobbles and glue them on individually.





Here's the end result. Not easy to see the join though round the feet it's a bit obvious.

No comments: