Friday 3 March 2017

Osgiliath Veterans 8

 A first try at using green stuff for hair seems to be working out fairly well.

I'd cut and filed away a helmet from the Gondor owner, leaving the poor chap bald, and then, using green stuff in thin rolls, filled in the gap.

I wanted long hair as well as the lack of a helmet to make him look the part of a Veteran of Osgiliath.

I imagine these guys as the SAS of their times. Using weapons of choice and not always keeping to regulation dress. Letting their hair down, so to speak.
 I added a rather large bag.

As you can imagine, shampoo, brush, pedal powered hair dryer and hair spray are all in there.

Rather than thin rolls of green stuff, I wonder how a lump, spread out and sculptured, would work out.

I rather think that the GW guys do it that way.

I won a bid on Ebay for two O/P metal Minas Tirith warriors with different stances from any I have, or so I thought.

The penny has dropped since. They are crew to a Avenger Bolt Thrower. Not for long they're not!

No comments: