Monday 20 March 2017

River completed

Here  is the completed river and a couple of close ups.

The grain of the ply can be plainly seen despite a coat of primer-undercoat from the shed.

 I guess I should have checked before applying my deep blue mix and water effect glue.

I think the deep/shallow look has worked faily well by dry-brushing

Not knowing which direction of water flow made painting ripples tricky.
That's because the five section river can be assembled in so many different ways.

The last pic is of the ford.

I realised, at the last moment, that I'd need to show some traffic wearing out the grass both sides.

I forgot this at the bridge.

I now need a number of small sections to make the river reach from one side of the battle field to the other. It falls inches short and would result in a flood.

No comments: