Saturday 10 June 2017

Dunland Wildmen (Huscarls)

Difficult to build in much variety in these guys.

Perhaps I should have risked more arm twisting or even temporary amputation to make the twins look a little different.

I gave cloaks different reds, shields different wood colour and metal and furs different browns.
If I ever buy more, I'll make radical changes.

There was once a box set of Dunlendings which would have offered plenty of variety but they are well out of print.

I'm none too happy with this paint job so may, one day, return to them.

The varnish is gloss, then overpainted with matt.

As you can see, it simply looks gloss.

(Thinks 'Do they have to have red cloaks?')

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the red cloaks, especially the darker variation. The fur cloaks look comfortable and their boots look strangely remarkable, not sure why though.

Cotswold Bookstore said...

No. The red cloaks are a bad paint job. When I've finished the 3472 more models I've yet to paint, I may go back to them. I do quite like the fur. The 'boots' are a criss-cross strapping arrangement. Should have painted that in lighter colours.

Unknown said...

I can't see anything wrong with the cloaks, the fur lined boots look fine.

Cotswold Bookstore said...

Thanks, but wait till you see them. The Lamedon fellows are approaching completion but there's cricket on Sky.

Unknown said...

Haha, a tough choice.

Cotswold Bookstore said...

Not tough at all. I watched the cricket! They should be done by tomorrow and on the blog by evening.