Saturday 8 December 2018

Making a difference

I have a Mahud King but he's missing his weird arrangement on his back so I'm trying to make something that looks similar.

The 'wicker' is  Greenstuff impressed with some ribbon and then removed and the stick supports are heavy duty electrical wire.

Yeah. OK. So it doesn't look much like wicker, but it's a start.

I'll use telephone cable for the cross pieces.

The pieces of 'cloth' for the front (rear?) of the wicker is Greenstuff shaped, then pressed down between two pieces of plastic (a curry tin wrapper!)
I've used the same idea with Greenstuff to try to make these two identical Mahuds look different.

Usually I have trouble making Superglue stick, using too much perhaps.

This time I wanted to move the 'cloth' around but it stuck instantly and I couldn't adjust it.

No comments: