Thursday 13 December 2018

Theodred

Theodred's horse (Brego?) has turned up.

It had been borrowed by a member of the Royal Guard.

Now I have a grey for the Royal Guard, ready painted, but the guard himself needs painting.

The Theodred model is a neat one.

I did set out to give him redish hair as I thought I'd read that somewhere but followed the images I could find making his hair similar to the rest of the Riders of Rohan but with a reddish tinge.

















The horse was only attached by one rear hoof and, though I liked that pose, I put the rock in as extra support (it's glued to the front hoof) as I thought he'd be too fragile in games.

The three 'reds' used are horse leatherwork - Dark Flesh, armour edging - Khorne Red, saddle blanket edging, Mechrite and Blood Red in equal measure. The horse is Rhinox Hide with additions of Mournfang Brown as a highlight and Mournfang is used for armour leatherwork and the scabbard. Theodred's armour is Dark Angels Green and Shining gold.

No comments: