Monday 18 February 2019

New Morannon swaps 2

Not quite the last of these 'weapon swaps' but I'm nearly there.

I think there are three more to come, of which one is already painted.
Then Gothmog and there's also a set of commanders somewhere.

This first trio are genuine weapon swaps -

- as are the next three.

One went well out of his way to do his swap and ended up with a Dark Eldar blade on the end of a long pole.

 I like the skin colour of these chaps on the right.

Rather than my usual rear view I've swung these round to show the shields.
 One has a rather neat hole (note to self - rough up this hole a little) and the other has borrowed a skull decoration from a Chaos Space Marine vehicle.

He's promised to give it back by the end of the month.
The banner bearer has also been on the scrounge among the debris left behind by some Chaos Space Marines.

The couple of holes in the banner also need roughing up a little.

The shield acts as a weapon of attack as well as defence.

I chickened out of painting the rear of the banner as I'd made such a mess of the front.

However, it isn't too bad for tabletop so I might have another go.

That will be in about 10 days time as we have a house full of family.

At least, I think that's who they are.

No comments: