Thursday 10 October 2019

Gandalf the Grey

The last of the three Gandalfs with his twin brother hanging around in the background. I think he was with an early metal set of the nine walkers.


I went to check them as I was uncertain how to base him and discovered that none had been based, they were all on black bases. I assume that I had the same problem then as now. As I try to base my models according to their origins, they should be in Hobbiton or Rivendell area style but then, what to do with Boromir? Give him a Minas Tirith base? Even Legolas would have a dark green rim.


SO. What I've decided is, to paint the original nine walkers all in brown earth, rocks and green grass with brown rims as per Hobbiton but this Gandalf as he is in Moria, to match the scenery there.

The staff here is Mournfang but I think, as in the mounted version, Rhinox hide is better.

The crystal on the business end has a wash of Guilliman Blue on the white paint.

No comments: