Friday 25 October 2019

Gondor Trebuchet and Citadel Guards

The resin Gondor Trebuchet is, of course, proving difficult. Painting it is fine. It's getting it together correctly and without breaking it.

I've given up on the feeble 'rope' as it's come apart three times (OK, I know I'm careless and clumsy but neither plastic nor metal would have snapped off!)

The piece in the shot with the resin rope around it, fails to reach both sides of the Trebuchet because of the distortion of the main frame. I've had to make another one. I'm still working on the rope.

Meantime I've been painting these Citadel Guards.

I think I bought them thinking of Guardians of the Fountain Court and I've painted the bases accordingly.

After having done so and checked out previously based Minas Tirith soldiers, I realised I'd used plastic 'Brick' sheet for them and should have used it here.

The base in Administratum Grey represents the upper levels of The White City'.


These chaps are the crew for the Trebuchet.

I've often wondered why two of the crew always seem to be boasting about the size of fish they caught in the Anduin the previous evening.

Either that or it was something more personal.

I've finally realise that they are supposed to be winding the windlass up.

Back to the 'brick' pavement that should be on their base. I've cut them off the bases and will either find the plastic sheet I have or get down to the model shop in Cheltenham for some more. I'll base the machine in the same way.

No comments: