Saturday 16 November 2019

One week Orcs

I've worked on the first five of these rather special orcs with the other 14 queuing up behind.

I think that they are excellent one piece models - no need for super glue except for use on the bases.


I've kept to the usual dull colours, made even more dull once washed in Nuln Oil or in Agrax Earthshade as here.

I do notice though that , in these five, brown is the colour they've picked out of the wardrobe.
Skin colour also seems to have a theme and perhaps in both clothes and skin I might go for a little more grey in the next group.

I seem to have missed the highlighting on the hair of one of these guys.
I've tried to keep their bases in line with tyhe previous (plastic) Mordor Orcs using 'Slate Beach' washed in Nuln Oil and then highlighted with Forrest Grey.

Weaponry, poses and faces of these guys are excellent and the result is every bit as good as anything in that awful resin.

I do need to sprinkle a bit of rust about though.

No comments: