Thursday 29 July 2021

Rohan buildings 1

In parallel with the work on the Hobbit Hole I've starting on some Rohan models.

 Remember, I'm no longer in my 'hobby room' but must squeeze in a bit of work
late in the day, in the kitchen.

These are a couple of Renedra 'Timber Outbuildings'.
They are similar enough in style to the Rohan buildings from GW,
the first of which, I've just started.

I wanted to spray the thatched roofs separately from the timber walls so glued the two halves, not firming them down onto the walls. The angle they meet at is not accurate, so that now there is a small gap between the wall top and the thatch. If you want them to fit as snug as possible, you'll need to glue them to the walls at the same time as gluing the apex join.


I think they'll work OK with the GW kits apart from the look of the thatch.
We shall see when the paint's on.

 

No comments: