Friday 20 August 2021

Hobbit Grass and Veg

My stab at model cabbages for the Hobbit Hole garden were made, as per DeAgostini magazine number 90, using kitchen foil wrapped around dressmaker's pins. A lower set of leaves was cut out of the foil and slid up the pin into a dab of glue. Otherwise, during painting, the lower leaves would go sliding off down the pin again. 


In fact, I added a little glue to the paints as I discovered it failed to stay put on the foil. (Make sure you are painting the least shiny side). I'm not sure if they are at all convincing as I've not had a single Cabbage White sniff round them yet. The match is to give scale.


The plants shown in a previous shot were from Warpainter Scenics via Amazon. Tufts are from Greenstuffworld.com


The grass was planted using this marvellous new gadget of mine - the Pro Grass Micro Applicator from War World Scenics. It really does make a big difference to the look of the thing. Money well spent.

No comments: