Monday 27 September 2021

Rohan House - two dormers

 I thought to avoid pinching a dormer from another house and leaving it with non, I'd use spare bits and pieces to make two extra dormers.


I used a card former or pattern, copied from a dormer window,
then cut the window arch from two pieces of spare (19?)


The front window planks are a piece of thin balsa glued to the card pattern 
and the windowsill is rod balsa. Both lined as planks or grain.


The window is made from spliced and cut lollipop stick,
mounted on a green painted piece of paper, then glued in place.
The arch has to be lifted forward the thickness of the card
when gluing the two together.


Two copies and one original. 
I did consider making the windows triangular
but had trouble with the Dwarvish copyright.


I would also have to create some new fascia boards.
28 and 29 are used on the left. Just a trim on the bottom yet needed.
The set on the right are originals.









No comments: