Wednesday 15 September 2021

Rohan (Gripping Beast) pigs

 

So, the animals have all arrived and look great.


They take a fair amount of work before you can start painting
as there are quite a lot of mould lines and escaped material.
A couple of pits too, which I failed to notice on these pigs.
Painting them was nearly a disaster. As they are metal I spray first with a primer.
(This I forgot with the first two and had to scrape the paint off. Planning!)
Then I used Cobra dark brown spray which is either too thick
or I sprayed too close and eradicated much of the excellent detail.
It was worst on the pigs but 'I think I got away with it'*.
The base paint is Rhinox with added black on legs and belly
with black for eyes and trotters.
 Then I dry brushed with mixes of
Scrag Brown, Vermin Brown and Tausept Ochre.


They come with thin bases supplied by Renedra.
I'm not sure if I should use them or not on these 'static' animals.
I'm still thinking about the gate but I do have some straw for them.
Next post should show them both.

*I remember Fawlty saying the same in 'The Germans'.


No comments: