Wednesday 10 January 2024

New Hobbit Holes 7

 


This one is now starting to shape up.
However, I'm not at all happy with the grass.
I've used 6mm 'Spring' which is very different in colour to 2mm,
as well as needing another haircut.
The remaining fence posts have to go in as well.


The fence is complete and they have a garden seat and flower trough.
The fence horizontals are cord and the name escapes me.
(Those spiky sticks used for pigs in blankets)
Are there a couple of ducks in the pond already?


Yes. Mallards.


I'm a bit stumped on the garden path for the other house.
I wanted the soil between the cobles to be the same as the rest of it.
However, after a dry brush it again has a purple hue.


I think I prefer the grey as if they are cemented in.


Now there is a post box and a gate which can swing open.

Unfortunately, the gate stop, the branched log,
has been causing problems.
Gandalf has torn his cloak on it twice
and it nearly had Gimli's eye out 'It was deliberate'
after a heavy night at The Bird and Baby.
Remember, we're at Michel Delving, not Hobbiton!


There, near enough done
with the bench and flowers in the right place.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love the pond, wish I lived here

Cotswold Bookstore said...

You practically do. It's only down the road.