Wednesday 3 October 2012

James - Update


James, who went off a while ago with the Limited Edition box set from here, has now mailed us two short 'reports' about his painting and new school club.

29/9
Hi Tony,
The Last model is my favourite as well. I spend about an hour ish a model. the character was stood on a base with a stone from my garden which was cleaned. Then I put sand on the remaining base and gave the stone and sand a wash with nuln oil. Since I took some into school I have found many people into the hobby and have persuaded about 4 more to start. I am planning on going to my local gaming club tomorrow and playing a game or 2. We started a club at school so I have had some practise. When I get them uploaded I will send you the pictures of our battle. It was quite big. I bought another squad of marines, a predator and a scout squad with snipers. The predator is equipped with twin linked lascannon turret and lascannon sponsons. I am really enjoying Warhammer 40k and even though it is complicated sometimes I thoroughly enjoy playing. Am having fun playing and doing well as I have quite a big and powerful starter army. Love the looks of the interrogator chaplain. Hope to get more painting done soon.

30/9
My first battle today went well. I lost but was so close to winning. The scouts came in very hand with being able to use infiltrate. I infiltrated them into fortification meaning I had a 3+ save and then because of the cloaks I got a 2+ save which meant they lasted the whole match. I enjoyed it sooooo much. Might get a land speeder soon.




I replied that he'd have to come and teach me how to play!

He mentioned a Land Speeder. Mine is coming along slowly. Had to work on Lewis's Commander first. Pics will follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey its me james. thanks for putting this up i relally apreachiate it. the terminator you put up is my favourite. i was going to get a land speeder storm but unfotunatly dark angels cannot use them so intead i got a drop pod :)

Anonymous said...

its james again. whilst getting drop pod some one with a dark vengeance set offered me a swap so now i am swapping the chaos in my set for the dark angels in his :)