Thursday 11 October 2012

Scratch-built Storm Eagle

'Old' Andrew has been working on a scratch built Storm Eagle.


Made from mounting board, copper and plastic tubing, plumbing accessories, the plastic doors from a Rhino and cut down large square Warhammer bases (the missile pads).


A touch-up with various greens.


His next project, an entire army of Space Marines made from old camera components, three severely dented  brass band instruments, two pound of uncooked spaghetti and a 1932 New York fireman's helmet.

7 comments:

Etchy said...

do you have drawings done prior for the cutting?? I myself would like to do a conversion from a Storm Raven, but am missing the length of the hull and the size of the wings.

So if you have some kind of drawings, is it possible to get?

Cotswold Bookstore said...

I'll see how 'Old' Andrew responds to your question when I see him.
Tony.

George Q said...

A much late arrival, but: this is awesome, and if there is any sort of template or WIP pictures I'd love to see 'em. :-)

Give my thumbs up to 'Old' Andrew!

Cotswold Bookstore said...

I'm out of touch with our friend 'Old' Andrew but when I see him, I'll see what details I can get from him. Check every month perhaps.

'Old' Andy (wilson) said...

OMG i just found this as the 4th on the google list for 'templates for a stormeagle' lol

its old andy here. NO i have no templates, but i am going to do a 2nd stormeagle. this will be a tester for my thunderhawk i have promised myself i WILL do by the end of the year.

as my printer now works i will try and draw some templates up for this, and if i do i will post them here (if anyone keeps reading this)

Cotswold Bookstore said...

Hi Andrew. Good to see you today. My computer problems have meant I've done little here so reducing the chance of it being looked at. We're all go now though and I've been busy. I hope to post on a regular basis in the coming months. There's a nice Ent coming soon. Vroom! Vroom!

adegrindy@gmail.com said...

would love to see any templates/plans if possible