Friday 18 January 2019

John's catapult 2

The excellent Mordor siege engine workshop known as John Curtis, duly handed over his scratch built Mordor Catapult.

A fine job of work John - many thanks.

I'll endeavour to give it a decent paint job and recruit a likely Troll and team to operate it.

Castle walls, watch out!
 Incidentally, as I understand the rule book, it is suggested that one of these contraptions can be reloaded and fired in the same time as an archer can set an arrow and loose his shot.

Even more ridiculous is that the addition of a Troll doubles this rate of fire.

I've yet to use these in battle but would guess that one shot every eight moves would be more realistic.

I'd also suggest that without a Troll, only scatter shot can be used.

Show me an orc (or three) who can stagger over with a damn great rock and heave it into position in the 'bucket'.

So, John. When do you start on the full sized one?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pics do me justice, old boy. Looks quite good, I sez as shouldn't. Amazing what you can do with bits of an Amazon cardboard flat envelope, string, a redundant bootlace, two used rocket sticks salvaged the morning after Bonfire Night, a lolly stick, stones from the garden, a bit of a grouting applicator, the heads of some moulding pins and dried egg. Oh, don't forget pva glue and superglue, a sniff of either of those kept me going through the small hours. John