Thursday 18 May 2017

Wildmen of Druadan 6

 Here is Ghan-buri-ghan, the chief of the tribe, or Obi-Wan-Kenobi as he's known by his wives and his sixteen children.

He's quite distinct from all the triplets and is obviously in charge for he's not doing any of the fighting, just pointing and telling the others to do it.

All these models have still retained the shiny look from the first (gloss) coat of varnish, despite having a coat of matt applied on top.


If I do any more (doubtful), I would be more careful when clipping off all the spare bits of metal.

Many of them are not obvious until the undercoat or even colours are painted on.

There seems to be one of them protruding from Ghan-buri-ghan's left hand but I presumed that was something he was holding - a Biro perhaps.

I'd also paint the whole model skin coloured first and lay other colours on top rather than paint areas of skin and miss some.

A much quicker job.

When I had these underway, I thought they'd have the worst paint job for years but, in fact, perhaps you think they've come out reasonably well.

You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

An idea for this one, maybe a painted grass skirt? maybe white with scratches where the paint has come off to keep the jungle style?

Cotswold Bookstore said...

What are you on about? Get on with your homework!
Next I'm going to fix the ruin gate and then start a new ruin and some more models. Citadel guards or the Clansmen of Lamedon.
Pops

Unknown said...

Yeah that'd be cool, the Clansmen of Lamedon is my vote. I was being serious about the painted grass skirt, it's make him stand out.

Cotswold Bookstore said...

Your comment came too late. I've made a slow start on the Citadel guard. Mostly because there are six 0f them and they can be done in one batch. Might struggle with the bases though. Patching in flagstones is difficult. Clansmen next on the list.

Cotswold Bookstore said...

Still don't understand about the skirt. Phone me?

Unknown said...

Sure