Friday 5 May 2017

Wildmen of Druadan

The first of the Wildmen of Druadan nearly completed.

Using catachan green for the base, dry-brushed with scorpion green, I'd hoped for a 'forest floor dappled with sunlight' effect.

I'm not sure about it but I have other tinkering to do on the base yet to see if I can improve things.

I've found them tricky to paint, never mind that there is hardly any reference material available to guide you.




They turned up in one of GWs cheapskate boxes with no illustration and no colour guide.

Notice too, that I usually give a back view on this blog.

There is even less info, out there, on how models look from the rear.

I assumed that these guys could handle bronze and gave them bronze spear tips but I suppose they have a whole heap of ambushed orc weaponry stashed somewhere so other metals could also be used.

I gave this guy bronze limb decoration but I'll have a try with a lighter material like raffia so that the shading is visible.

As this guy has bronze decoration, as second in command (he's not been told of his promotion) I suppose the chief should have gold or brass.

Something shiny, anyway. It's his shiny thing.

No comments: